Bozeman Yellowstone Airport is your gateway to Montana Rodeos
If you want to see an authentic rodeo, fly into Bozeman Yellowstone International Airport (BZN) and catch the Montana Rodeo scene. Rodeos are an important part of Montana’s culture and tradition as well as one of the highlights of summer here. Attending a rodeo is a great way to experience and celebrate traditional Montana life. With hundreds of family ranches, still mostly worked by cowboys and cowgirls on horseback, there’s no shortage of local talent. Montana rodeos are definitely family affairs, and I don’t mean just the fans. Don’t be surprised when you see brothers, sisters, moms, and dads all competing at the same events. Your whole family will be sure to enjoy the authentic cowboy culture and be amazed as riders compete in calf roping, bronc riding, barrel racing, and steer wrestling. Whether you’re already a rodeo fan or it’s your first time, you won’t be disappointed.
From high school and college to professional rodeo, there are dozens of local events all summer long. We highly recommend the small-town rodeos. They are particularly special because the whole town gets excited to show off their Montana heritage. Here’s a list of just some of rodeos within a short drive of Bozeman Yellowstone Airport:
Bozeman Area Rodeos
- Wilsall Rodeo Wilsall, MT June 15-16
- Gardiner Roundup, Gardiner, MT June 16 – 17
- Big Timber Rodeo, Big Timber, MT June 23 – 24
- Livingston Roundup, Livingston, MT July 2 – 4th
- Red Lodge Home of Champions, Rodeo Red Lodge, MT July 2-4
- Three Forks Rodeo, Three Forks, MT July 14 – 15th
- Bozeman Roundup Ranch Rodeo, Bozeman, MT July 20th
- Big Sky PBR Big Sky, MT July 22nd – 29th
- Big Sky Blue Def Velocity Tour, Big Sky, MT July 28 – 29th
- Livingston PBR Livingston, MT August 5th
- Yellowstone Shootout, West Yellowstone, MT August 5 – 6th
- Bozeman Stampede Bozeman, MT August 11 – 13th
- Bozeman Shootout Bozeman, MT September 1st
- CSMA Diamond P Shootout Bozeman, MT September 1 – 3
So pull on your boots, grab your hat and come on down. You’ll be glad you did.
If you want to know more about the local rodeo circuit, give us a call at Yellowstone Rent A Car (406) 312-1303 or email us firstname.lastname@example.org. We have several Montana rodeo champions on our staff including our owner, and they’d love to tell you more!