What's Your Montana Plan?
Skiing . . . . Yellowstone Park . . . . Snowmobiling . . . . Fly-fishing . . . .
Hiking . . . . Wilderness Exploring . . . . Mountain Biking . . . . Rafting. . . .
Horseback Riding . . . . Relaxing Small Towns . . . . Indian Reservations . . . .
Yes, we have unforgettable Memories.
Helping YOU find your moment in Montana
Yellowstone Rent A Car is locally owned and operated by a team of Veterans, Ranchers, and Cowboys/Cowgirls. Our lead managers are previous Rodeo champions. Our facility is a log cabin just minutes from the Bozeman Airport. Our humble beginnings started with six vehicles and we continue to grow daily.
…includes a variety of vehicles suited for the Montana experience.
Maintenance is our mantra;
we would put our own family in any one of our driver seats for sure!
…is to be the number one rated rental car company in Bozeman,
voted by our customers.
We align with strategic partners who offer
amazing client experiences in the Gallatin Valley.
…is to provide our customers with an “Authentic Western” experience!
…is involved in daily operations and customer experience.
No Corporate BS with us.
How we roll...
- What is the minimum age requirement for renting a car?
- The driver is required to be not less than 21 years old and have a driver’s license with more than three years’ experience.
- If my driving license is new, can I rent a car from you?
- All drivers are required to be licensed for a minimum of three years.
- Is it mandatory to be present when picking up a car?
- All drivers must be present when picking up their vehicle with their driver’s license and a valid credit card for payment.
- Can I rent a car if my driving license has expired?
- No. Unfortunately, we are unable to rent you a car unless your license is valid.
- Is it mandatory to have a credit card in order to rent a car from you?
- Yes, all transactions must be processed with a valid credit card.
- Will you charge me security for the car rental?
- Yes, we will charge a deposit on your credit card.
- Do I have to pay the full rent at the time of renting?
- Yes. The driver must pay the entire rental amount, in advance, with a valid credit card.
- I am the renter; are my family or friends allowed to use this car?
- Additional drivers can be added to the agreement. They must be 25 years old, present, and have a valid driver’s license.
- Will my regular car insurance cover a rental vehicle?
- Yes. As is the typically the case with all automobile rental agreements, if you have comprehensive and liability insurance on your personal car, your existing policy will likely provide the same for a rental car within the United States.
- Why do I have to present my auto insurance card when renting with Yellowstone Rent a Car?
- As is the case typically with all automobile rentals in the United States your auto insurance is the primary insurance. Unlike the large franchises as a independent rent a car company we collect your insurance information up front as a best business practice in the event a damage claim needs to be made. This practice, while slightly inconvenient, helps insure our ability to provide the lowest fees to our customers.
- If I delay the return of the vehicle, will you charge me?
- Yes. The driver must return the car at the specified time noted in the agreement. Failure to abide with this condition shall result in additional charges. The fee is one full day to be charged at the prevailing rate in effect at the time of the scheduled return.
- How quickly can I rent a car from you?
- In just minutes. Book online, show up with your driver’s license and credit card.
- When will you return my security deposit?
- We refund the deposit upon return of the vehicle as long as there is no damage. Your bank may need 5 to 10 working days for the banking system to release the security deposit.
- Can I smoke in the car?
- No. All of our vehicles are smoke free. If our staff identifies the smell of smoke, you will be charged according to our agreement.
- Do you provide baby/child car seats?
- No. In the interest of health, hygiene and safety concerns, we do not provide car seats. Please bring your own.
- Do you have ski racks?
- Yes, we do, just let us know you need them.
- Is there a mileage limit?
- No. Unlimited mileage is included.
- Can I take the rental car out of State?
- Yes, you can. Just let us know your travel itinerary, and we will update our records.
- In case of breakdown, how fast can I get a replacement car?
- We start our replacement workflow as soon as you inform us. Check the glove box it has a checklist for you to follow.
- Can you deliver the vehicle to my doorstep?
- Yes, if you are located in the Bozeman area. Give us a call.
- How do I cancel my reservation online?
- Please visit our website booking page and go through the modification or cancellation process.
- Do you lease vehicles long term?
- No. We can rent you a vehicle for up to 14 days and extend the rental for an additional 14 days.
- Can I drive off road?
- NO. Stick to the paved roads. Off road use is not permitted.
- What is your pet policy?
- No pets allowed. Thank you.
- What is your Cancellation Policy?
- A 10% partial payment is due at the time of booking. Cancellation must be made 48 hours prior to check-in time in order to receive a refund.
- Are there any hidden fees or surcharges?
- No, you only pay our rental rate and the 4.5% Montana Sales Tax for rental cars.
- Do you require a deposit on rentals?
- Yes, as is the industry standard, we hold a $250 deposit on all rentals. The deposit is released upon return, as long as no additional fees are due.
All Inclusive Pricing & No Hidden Fees
Make a Lifetime of Memories
Why Choose us?
There are many factors to take into consideration when choosing a car rental company.
Today, travelers can choose a myriad of large corporate rental car companies. We are a family, and at Yellowstone Rent A Car, you bypass the counter at pickup (and drop-off) and drive away in a matter of minutes. Whatever your reason for visiting Bozeman Montana, Skiing Big Sky or Exploring Yellowstone National Park, when choosing our team, we consider you one of our “family wranglers”!
We are here to help you explore our home town to the max. Let us know what you need, and we can help you sort out the details. Whether on business or vacation, we will provide the best all-around experience during your visit.